Friday, October 15, 2010

Vertigo

I’ve been taking notice of some of the camouflage available on the market.  Realtree and Mossy Oak are the biggest competitors in the field right now but up until recently, they didn’t have the best camouflage available.  If you look at some of your older camouflage you may notice how dark all the colors are.  The color patterns for the background, the tree bark, and even the leaves are all fairly darker than what’s natural.  In the Midwest, most of what you see in the woods is hardwood trees and not a lot of evergreens.  It seems that these two big manufactures were really only making camouflage that fit well in the southern state where trees keep their leaves longer and the forests can sometimes be blanketed in evergreens.   The camouflage works in the Midwest too but just didn’t seem as effective to me.
I’m happy to announce that Scent-Loc has come up with a pattern of camouflage that I believe will be successful for hunters in the Midwest.  The Vertigo series of camouflage does a better job a mimicking the natural state of hardwood forests.  The colors are lighters and the branches are more sparsely spaced on the pattern.  This helps to keep us hunters from looking like big green refrigerators in the tree.  The appearance is much more natural and the camouflage will help to break up a hunters shape much better than previous renditions.  I believe that using this camouflage will help make hunters more successful in the Midwest.

No comments:

Post a Comment