Here in Illinois, the temperatures are starting to dip to around the freezing point. This doesn’t mean that the hunting season has to be over by a long shot. The rut may be coming to a close but there are still plenty of deer to be had out there for those willing to battle the cold. I figured this would be a good time to do a review on a product that was designed to keep hunters warm in even some of the coldest environments.
The Heater Body Suit, available through heaterbodysuit.com, is made with late season hunters in mind. It is designed to cover you from your feet up to your shoulders in what I refer to as a big sleeping bag. The shape resembles a sleeping bag but with legs for mobility. It enables you to more easily move around the ground or the tree stand. The suit also comes with booties to put over your boots before putting your boots in the suit. This helps keep the suit clean being that it doesn’t exactly fit well in a house clothes washer. The only things you’ll have to wash regularly are the booties.
The suit does come with drawbacks. The cost will set you back between $334.95 and $344.95. When I purchased mine I had to think a lot about whether the cost would be worth the amount of times it would be used. The suit also has issues with its camouflage selection. Most will be using the suit in either hardwood forests that are mostly void of leaves or pine forests. I think the camouflage works as camouflage but it is most definitely not a soul reason for purchasing the suit.
As a product, I would rate it as 8 out of 10. The goal of the suit is to keep you warm and it certainly does can do that. I know from experience that the suit is what makes hunting in below freezing temperatures tolerable. The cost and the camouflage are its only downfalls. For those who don’t plan on spending a lot of time hunting late season, the cost may not be worth the investment. But for those who see the potential in hunting late season, this is a product worth taking a second look at.
No comments:
Post a Comment