The Whitetail Connections blog has been running for a while now and I’m afraid some of the older articles may be starting to be lost in time. So, I wanted to give a recap on a few of them. This is mostly because I truly believe in them and what they stand for. Hunting is an art, a pastime, a lifestyle, and a love. Most deer hunters take pride in the fact that they participate in the sport and want to know the truths and riddles of it all. I’m going to talk about a couple of the old riddles starting with the first one.
Getting Ready for Opening Day one of those I feel most passionate about but I see hunters time and time again not taking it seriously. It’s all about practice, practice, practice. You’re expecting to use a weapon to kill and end a life, no matter how insignificant it may feel to be, it’s still a life. You should be able to respect the animal enough to take a clean shot with a weapon that you are confident in.
Undoing Scent Blockers is one I really like because of the simple truth of it. These are things that hunters must not think about because I see them doing it all the time. It’s a good simple read if you looking to dabble into the sins of making scent blockers useless.
I love talking about hunts like The Hunt of October 14. This is an entertaining story about the evening hunt I had and the encounter with the nine and a half year old six point. It’s always good to talk about a hunt afterward to help you recall all the events that happened, even if no one believes it anyway. J
No comments:
Post a Comment