Chicago: the big city and my biggest nightmare. My girlfriend presently resides in the downtown area there. Being that she is there and I am not, I am forced to come up and stay. More than likely, I will also have to move there. It’s something I’m having a hard time coping with but that’s life. Many of us hunter I’m sure have been in the same situation. We know what we enjoy and love to do but life keeps us from it. For those hunters who are okay with only hunting five or six times a year, something of this nature would be of no consequence to them. For those who try to hunt at least thirty times a season can really feel it’s a losing battle.
When you think about all the things you’ve given up in your life, doubt eventually ensues. The “what ifs” and “could have beens” drive our state of mind. When you are passionate about something, it can be extremely hard to let it go in order to fulfill hopefully a greater good. But can you really put a price on happiness? I know most hunters aren’t involved enough with deer hunting to want to make a life altering change for it. There are some of us though that can feel that need pumping through our veins. Even though the hunting season only lasts a few months, hunting deer is an all year affair. When a choice has to be made between two passions in your life, the regret for the other will linger.
No comments:
Post a Comment