Every hunter in America is extremely fortunate to have that opportunity. I feel privileged to have the chance to take part in the hunter lifestyle and learn what it means to be a hunter. I often wonder though what drives us to go out in the middle of winter and try to stick an arrow through a deer. It could simply be our nature to look for this type of excitement in the heat of a hunt. It could also just be an individual preference to simply enjoying nature. What is for certain is that we hunters have the opportunity to take part in a fantastic pastime undoubtedly will stick with us all through our lives
When I think about the reasons I still hunt, many things come to mind. I am someone who is in constant pursuit of peace and calm. The wilderness is an escape that my mind and soul crave and I know that many others feel the same way. It’s hard to compare anything to feeling of sitting in the middle of the woods, surrounded by nature’s splendor, taking a deep breathe, and feeling at peace.
I had a professor who talked about how we all now live in a world that makes us feel as if we never have everything we need done accomplished. He asked the class if anyone truly ever feels that when they go to sleep at night they have accomplished everything they wanted to that day. Natural, everyone said no. I didn’t want to be the odd man out but I knew in my mind that when I’ve been hunting from dawn to dusk and plan to do the same the next day, I never sleep as good that night as I do any other night. The world is of no consequence and life seems to be so much more fulfilling. This is way I thank my lucky stars every night that I can live a lifestyle that heals my soul.
No comments:
Post a Comment