Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Review of a Blog: BuckHuntersBlog.com

If you want to get a better understanding of what hunting is all about, I believe it is important to look into what other hunters have to say.  When doing this, it’s important to keep an open mind and be willing to ask questions about whether or not you feel what they have to say is credible.  One of the best ways to do this is to look at other hunter’s blogs.  More than likely, if a hunter is passionate enough to have a blog, they may have something to say that could be of value to you.
I looked around and found a blog that I believe other hunters should take a look just to get an idea of what others are talking about.  Buckhuntersblog.com answers a lot of questions that hunters tend to have.  But one thing to be aware of is that most of the entries, much like other blogs of this nature, are based on experience and opinion.  This is by no means a bad thing but you have to be willing disagree and not blindly follow what they have to say. 
One instance of this is an article written on the blog called Should You Shoot Small Bucks.  I strongly disagree with this practice but I do understand where the article is coming from.  It is a well written article and the main points for that side of the argument are well presented.  Just because I don’t agree doesn’t mean that I don’t think the blog is insightful.  It gives advice and expresses knowledge on the subject that I believe other hunters should consider when thinking about the hunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment